6 top tips to keep you positive at interview
We all know that interviews can sometimes be daunting, particularly if you've been looking for a while and just haven't quite found a role where there's a perfect fit.
So how do you stay positive and motivated to ensure that you get the job of your dreams?
Here are our top tips to help you.
- Prepare. Make sure you're confident you know all about the role by reading the brief, checking out the website and doing your own research.
- Give yourself a real positivity boost by checking out your skills and how they match the job. Do an audit of what you can bring to the role; what makes you stand out and where you add value. It helps here to think about what you enjoy as that's normally what you're good at.
- Beat the nerves by thinking of the interview as a two way process. It's as much up to you whether you want to progress. Think of the questions you'll need to ask to make sure the job's right for you and remember: you have a choice.
- Only go for roles that you really want to do, because that way you can genuinely…
- Be enthusiastic. This is the one thing that can make the difference, even if you don't have all the skills or experience required. Make sure you've identified the things you know you'll enjoy and why you want to do the job, so you'll go into the interview full of enthusiasm.
- Visualise a positive meeting and outcome. Think ahead and see yourself enjoying the meeting, getting on well with the interviewer and being relaxed and confident. Imagine yourself getting the job and looking back on this successful interview.
For more tips on interview preparation as well as CV writing and, of course, some great jobs visit www.direct-recruitment.co.uk.