Transform Lives as a Safeguarding & Operations Manager
London | Permanent | £40K + bonus (up to £10K)
Kickstart a challenging and rewarding journey with a dynamic and growing organisation that is committed to providing immersive career experiences for students worldwide. As the Safeguarding & Operations Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the safety and well-being of the next generation of professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious venture founded in London, with extensive reach across the globe. With programmes offered both in person and via live online platforms, our client has already impacted the lives of over 45,000 students from more than 100 countries. Their innovative delivery of interactive simulations of professional life is transforming how young people envision and pursue their future careers. This inspirational organisation prides itself on upholding the highest level of integrity whilst constantly seeking ways to reduce its impact on the environment.
As the Safeguarding & Operations Manager, you carry the crucial responsibility of ensuring impeccable standards of safety on all courses. This especially applies to the residential aspects of summer programmes in London. Your detailed duties include:
• Reviewing and enhancing existing safeguarding procedures
• Ensuring compliance with best-practice guidelines
• Assisting in the recruitment and training of seasonal staff integral to safeguarding operations
• Being the principal point of escalation for safeguarding queries on programmes
• Driving consistent and high-standard implementation of safeguarding procedures
The right candidate will possess:
• Proven expertise in a Safeguarding role within a school, college, or other setting for young people
• Proficiency in creating, training and monitoring safeguarding policies
• Comfort in liaising with agencies like MASH and LADO
• Ability to manage a high workload and work effectively under pressure
• Strong operational and prioritisation skills
• Experience in residential settings for young people (such as boarding schools or residential camps) is desirable
Working with our client means embracing a vibrant start-up culture, packed with benefits such as:
• 25 days of paid holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Weekly 'unplugged' hours for downtime
• Opportunities to volunteer
• Access to private healthcare scheme
• Sabbatical option after three years’ service
• Training and development opportunities with regular feedback and appraisals
Few companies can match this organisation's passion for nurturing ambitious young minds. You will be joining a team that truly values integrity and innovation, committed to shaping a brighter future for students worldwide.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the standout candidate we are looking for, please click on the 'Apply Now' button to submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for this role.